Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Liked 3,802 Times in 1,690 Posts
    This video is really great. I can agree that watching this rally, especially from helicopter, can be quite boring. But if you find good spots, it can be entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVzEQcEKi_Y

2. Likes: dimviii (7th May 2024),Fast Eddie WRC (8th May 2024),lancia037 (7th May 2024),TWRC (8th May 2024)
    Liked 35 Times in 18 Posts
    Thoughts on Lukyanuk's performance on the rally? I wanted to see him getting on the top 5, but I guess hes not there yet. Too long outside of a rally car maybe? I havent seen if he got any issues during the weekend tho.

Liked 16,104 Times in 6,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saco0o View Post
    Thoughts on Lukyanuk's performance on the rally? I wanted to see him getting on the top 5, but I guess hes not there yet. Too long outside of a rally car maybe? I havent seen if he got any issues during the weekend tho.
    he wasnt pleased with car setup mentioned at stage stops.

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    This video is really great. I can agree that watching this rally, especially from helicopter, can be quite boring. But if you find good spots, it can be entertaining.

The video is nice but large part of it is taken from places where spectators shall not be allowed and therefore shound't be counted as spots for spectating.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 9,380 Times in 4,992 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post

As ever the fan video captures the real raw action and feeling of watching a rally way better than the official WRC+ All Live.

Until WRC+ can find a way of having more live stage-side cameras showing the action it will always be a sanitised version missing the excitement.

Liked 3,802 Times in 1,690 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saco0o View Post
    He was starting after very long break, with brand new codriver and brand new car, where he was trying to find correct setup suitable for him. And he had health issues before start of the rally. On the other hand, competition was very strong and his rivals were going really fast.

Liked 136 Times in 72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Backa View Post
    Variety. With 4-5 tarmac rallies in calendar, it's good to have some successor to circuit-like Catalunya. Rally wasn't super interesting but wasn't that bad either, I liked saturday stages more. Scenery is nice too, with rally1 cars and small time differences, WRC event could be fun.
    Of course

Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    SS9/12 had an elevation change similar to climbing to the Col de Turini. I don't know if that came across in coverage, but it should. Hill climb isn't an insult, although not every stage is like this, but that's the nature of some, and maybe that made the cars look tame? Some of these roads have prolonged tough gradients.

But even so, whoever wants 6 or 13 rallies of identical profile doesn't understand what rallying is IMO. Enjoy what you enjoy, but saying a world or regional championship should not encompass all the roads and driving styles found within it is silly.
    Very good note.

In Gran Canaria there are roads with many changes in altitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    This year's event was also totally dry which isnt always the case. Rain and fog could make it a lot more 'exciting' for those that cant appreciate the skill and precision involved on the dry.
    This is true. For example, in 2020 it was a crazy wheather

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Extensive highlights programme filmed by local tv (Deportes TV Canaria). Good quality action and some unique
    overlays of drivers lines in corners:

https://youtu.be/lC8VIPbhQTY?si=JsIYpjdOHsKcnU2o
    The media usually make a great follow-up of the rally, live TV, radio, newspapers (even coverpages) etc....