F1 Driver Nico Hulkenberg Signs New Contract With Kick Sauber, To Leave Haas After 2024 Season.
This will mark Nico‘s return to the team, which he previously drove for back in 2013. Sauber will then become Audi in 2026.
APR 26, 2024 AT 3:37 PM
BY JJ STAFF
Just Jared (Weblog)

“We are very pleased to welcome Nico back here in Hinwil from 2025 and to compete with him in Formula 1,” Sauber team CEO Andreas Seidl shared in a statement. “With his speed, his experience and his commitment to teamwork, he will be an important part of the transformation of our team – and of Audi’s F1 project.”

“Right from the start, there was great mutual interest in building something long-term together,” Andreas continued. “Nico is a strong personality, and his input, on a professional and personal level, will help us to make progress both in the development of the car and in building up the team.”

On his move, Nico says, “I’m returning to the team I worked with back in 2013 and have fond memories of the strong team spirit in Switzerland. The prospect of competing for Audi is something very special. When a German manufacturer enters Formula 1 with such determination, it is a unique opportunity. To represent the factory team of such a car brand with a power unit made in Germany is a great honour for me.”

‘Nico‘s return to the team’;

https://www.justjared.com/2024/04/26...r-2024-season/

Alain Prost sends two-word message to Nico Hulkenberg on social media after Audi move confirmed
17:01 Fri, 26 Apr 2024.
David Comerford
F1 Oversteer

F1 legend Alain Prost has taken to social media to offer his immediate reaction after Nico Hulkenberg sealed a move to Audi. Hulkenberg is leaving Haas upon the expiry of his contract. Prost won four world championships between 1985 and 1993 at McLaren and Williams. He worked alongside Hulkenberg as part of his advisory role at the Renault team.

Hulkenberg released a statement on Instagram following Audi’s announcement, writing: “I am thrilled and honoured to return to Stake F1 Team KICK Sauber in 2025 and to represent the global German car manufacturer and technology pioneer Audi on its way into Formula 1 in the future. It‘s a big project with high ambitions and a huge challenge, a challenge that I am very much looking forward to. The conversations with Andreas Seidl and Oliver Hoffmann were very trustful, characterised by a lot of appreciation and mutual understanding regarding the common goals.”

“At the same time I would like to express a special thank you to the entire Haas F1 Team, especially Gene and Guenther, for placing their trust in me 1.5 years ago and making a comeback in F1 possible. I will do everything I can in the remaining 19 races to be as successful as possible.” In reply, Prost wrote ‘congratulations Nico’, while Christian Klien, who took part in Hulkenberg’s rookie season with three races at HRT also had a message. “Bravo, mega,” he said.

‘Audi move confirmed’;

https://www.f1oversteer.com/news/ala...ter-audi-move/

Nico Hulkenberg Haas switch to Sauber confirmed and it could impact Oliver Bearman future
Published: 14:26, 26 Apr 2024
Robert Calcutt, Sports Writer
talkSPORT

Nico Hulkenberg will leave Haas and join Sauber at the beginning of the 2025 Formula 1 season. The German, who was previously at Sauber in 2013, will then drive for Audi after they finalise their takeover to compete from 2026.

Upon the announcement of his next move, the 36-year-old said: "The prospect of competing for Audi is something very special. When a German manufacturer enters F1 with such determination, it is a unique opportunity.”

The Times report that Ferrari youngster Oliver Bearman is favourite to take the German's spot amid an impressive breakthrough year. Bearman, who is just 18, replaced Carlos Sainz for the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix in March as the latter needed surgery for appendicitis.

‘Could impact Oliver Bearman future’;

https://talksport.com/sport/1844252/...er-bearman-f1/

British teenager Oliver Bearman primed for F1 seat as Nico Hulkenberg leaves Haas
The 18-year-old made his F1 debut as a stand-in for Ferrari in Jeddah and this move frees up space at the most likely destination
26 April 2024 • 11:31am
Tom Cary, SENIOR SPORTS CORRESPONDENT
The Telegraph

British teenager Oliver Bearman, who made a sensational Formula One debut for Ferrari in Saudi Arabia last month, has been handed a boost as he looks to secure a permanent seat next season, with Haas confirming the departure of Nico Hulkenberg at the end of this year.

“Seventh in your first race in F1 having only done FP3 in a new car is impressive,” Ferrari team-mate Charles Leclerc noted afterwards. “Everybody has noticed how talented he is and I guess it’s just a matter of time before he’s in an F1 car.”

Bearman will get another opportunity to show what he can do when he drives for Haas in first practice at Imola next month, one of a number of scheduled free practice outings for the youngster this season.

‘Primed for F1 seat’;

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-...liver-bearman/

Nico Hulkenberg explains big Audi F1 move after Haas departure announced
26 Apr 2024 10:31 AM
Henry Valantine
PlanetF1.com

Nico Hulkenberg has talked up the “very special” chance of driving for Audi, following confirmation of his move to Sauber for 2025, with the team set to be taken over by the German manufacturer the following year.

Hulkenberg will depart Haas at the end of the season in another key piece of the F1 2024 driver market puzzle falling into place, with the German returning to the Hinwil-based team for a second spell on a multi-year contract, through its transition to Audi.

Having impressed the entire paddock since his full-time return to the grid with Haas after a three-year stint largely on the sidelines, Hulkenberg has been snapped up to be one of Audi’s first representatives when they join the grid from 2026.

‘Talked up the “very special” chance of driving for Audi’;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/nico-h...uber-audi-move