Threaded View

Liked 624 Times in 333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    They have got a deal done for Sesks to drive a Rally1 car and with hybrid power on the 2nd event. This should happen for more 'locals' on other WRC rounds as promised.

Removing the hybrid system isnt right and will spoil the cars for it was designed for from scratch. Plus Hyundai and Ford said hybrid was the only way they would enter WRC to promote this in their road cars.
    It didn't sound right to me either, however, before 2022 I remember discussing here the deployment strategies and mapping etc, how it could become a tactical thing, but obviously it never was. If it gets mentioned it's either X has got no hybrid or X hybrid isn't working properly. It's impressive to see them off the start line on tarmac but I think I'll live happily without it. More concerning, Wheatley (I think) said the reduced weight from removing the unit justifies the reduction in engine power to retain the same kg/hp, but in my maths that doesn't add up. They will be slower, that's wrong.

Let me ask about Ford though, where do they ever promote WRC activity or technology in their road cars? These were just empty words to sell the hybrid Rally1 to fans when it was the FIA's idea.
    Last edited by WRCStan; 8th May 2024 at 22:30.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi