Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1040
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naburu38 View Post
    cheaper for manufacturers, but there won't be any privateers.
    period

Liked 618 Times in 329 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
    Cheaper for manufacturers, but there won't be any privateers.

Rally2-based regulations are a must to draw more entries.
    There's already a Rally2-based regulation for privateers. No cause for concern there.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

Liked 1,786 Times in 422 Posts
    For me it sound reasonable to remove Hybrid from the car in terms of cost saving. If I am not mistaken, one unit is ca 15% of the total car cost. And in most of the rallies, more than one unit is used + charging infrastructure + support engineer from Compaq Dynamics, + etc. Next reasonable step would be likely prohibiting carbon use in the parts that get destroyed most frequently (starting from bumpers, door sills, front fins, etc. Maybe a few other things in lower part of the car. You loose the weight with hybrid, gain a bit with cheaper plastics, loose a bit of power. With these rather simple solutions you can reduce car price and running costs quite significantly
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

4. Likes: Eli (Today),EstWRC (Yesterday),seb_sh (Today),skarderud (Yesterday),TWRC (Yesterday),WRC1 (Yesterday),WRCStan (7th May 2024)
    Liked 11,169 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
    Cheaper for manufacturers, but there won't be any privateers.

Rally2-based regulations are a must to draw more entries.
    Rally2 based regulations would only make Rally2 a lot more expensive, less equal and less reliable. It is not a solution but a quick fix to WRC which would do more harm than good in a long run.

It will not happen.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

6. Likes: seb_sh (Today),TWRC (Today)
    Liked 9,374 Times in 4,987 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    For me it sound reasonable to remove Hybrid from the car in terms of cost saving. If I am not mistaken, one unit is ca 15% of the total car cost. And in most of the rallies, more than one unit is used + charging infrastructure + support engineer from Compaq Dynamics, + etc.
    They have got a deal done for Sesks to drive a Rally1 car and with hybrid power on the 2nd event. This should happen for more 'locals' on other WRC rounds as promised.

Removing the hybrid system isnt right and will spoil the cars for it was designed for from scratch. Plus Hyundai and Ford said hybrid was the only way they would enter WRC to promote this in their road cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    They have got a deal done for Sesks to drive a Rally1 car and with hybrid power on the 2nd event. This should happen for more 'locals' on other WRC rounds as promised.

Removing the hybrid system isnt right and will spoil the cars for it was designed for from scratch. Plus Hyundai and Ford said hybrid was the only way they would enter WRC to promote this in their road cars.
    It didn't sound right to me either, however, before 2022 I remember discussing here the deployment strategies and mapping etc, how it could become a tactical thing, but obviously it never was. If it gets mentioned it's either X has got no hybrid or X hybrid isn't working properly. It's impressive to see them off the start line on tarmac but I think I'll live happily without it. More concerning, Wheatley (I think) said the reduced weight from removing the unit justifies the reduction in engine power to retain the same kg/hp, but in my maths that doesn't add up. They will be slower, that's wrong.

Let me ask about Ford though, where do they ever promote WRC activity or technology in their road cars? These were just empty words to sell the hybrid Rally1 to fans when it was the FIA's idea.
    Last edited by WRCStan; Yesterday at 22:30.

Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    There's already a Rally2-based regulation for privateers. No cause for concern there.
    nope. its a world championship. the biggest after formula 1. it CANNOT keep being a series with 7 cars on the top class, whatever it takes. rallycross has been having the same problem. they couldnt even put out a 5 race calendar for 2024 because the tracks dont want the championship and the fans dont want to watch. wrc cannot fall into the same black hole

Quote Originally Posted by saco0o View Post
    nope. its a world championship. the biggest after formula 1. it CANNOT keep being a series with 7 cars on the top class, whatever it takes. rallycross has been having the same problem. they couldnt even put out a 5 race calendar for 2024 because the tracks dont want the championship and the fans dont want to watch. wrc cannot fall into the same black hole
    WRX is not a manufacturer series, WRC is not a privateer/teams series, they shouldn't be compared. Privateers and teams aren't travelling the globe as WRX shows, so why suggest privateers are the answer for WRC? Without manufacturer investment in WRC, the promoter has to step in and these working group decisions show they still choose a Rally1 top tier with the fewer cars.

WRC2 already exists and Rally2 is very popular to the point of oversubscription on European events, but it cannot sustain the series itself, nor multiple events for much of the participants. Why do people expect making either it or something indistinguishable from it as the 'main class' will a) attract privateers to compete globally full time when they weren't already, and b) save the series?

11. Likes: Mirek (Today)
    Liked 11,169 Times in 4,435 Posts
    WRX is not a manufacturer series, WRC is not a privateer/teams series, they shouldn't be compared. Privateers and teams aren't travelling the globe as WRX shows, so why suggest privateers are the answer for WRC? Without manufacturer investment in WRC, the promoter has to step in and these working group decisions show they still choose a Rally1 top tier with the fewer cars.

WRC2 already exists and Rally2 is very popular to the point of oversubscription on European events, but it cannot sustain the series itself, nor multiple events for much of the participants. Why do people expect making either it or something indistinguishable from it as the 'main class' will a) attract privateers to compete globally full time when they weren't already, and b) save the series?
    The main thing is that a global series like WRC can not live without manufacturer's money and big sponsors bound to them. Privateers can't fund the series as it is. That is simply impossible.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

13. Likes: Eli (Today),flat_right (Today),pedro16 (Today)
    Liked 9,374 Times in 4,987 Posts

Let me ask about Ford though, where do they ever promote WRC activity or technology in their road cars? These were just empty words to sell the hybrid Rally1 to fans when it was the FIA's idea.
    You cant expect Ford to accept ditching the hybrid early.

Ford are killing all their ICE road cars fast and going for EV only. Plus they are the only ones with Eco-Boost HYBRID plastered on their WRC Rally1 car.