Hybrid View

Liked 9,380 Times in 4,992 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post

Let me ask about Ford though, where do they ever promote WRC activity or technology in their road cars? These were just empty words to sell the hybrid Rally1 to fans when it was the FIA's idea.
    You cant expect Ford to accept ditching the hybrid early.

Ford are killing all their ICE road cars fast and going for EV only. Plus they are the only ones with Eco-Boost HYBRID plastered on their WRC Rally1 car.

Liked 624 Times in 333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    You cant expect Ford to accept ditching the hybrid early.

Ford are killing all their ICE road cars fast and going for EV only. Plus they are the only ones with Eco-Boost HYBRID plastered on their WRC Rally1 car.
    I'd just like to see something official, I can't see any evidence of Ford the consumer car maker/seller giving much of a shiny shit what powers a Rally1, or even WRC in general. There's nothing except the pressers M-Sport kick out. Back to the point of my question - they certainly are not relating WRC technology to road car technology.

M-Sport are good customers of Ford through Rally2-5, would they jeopardise that loyalty for the next two seasons? Nah.

I can understand M-Sport not wanting to rid hybrid and Ford backing that positioning if pressed, but that's for different reasons.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi