Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    It seems that they have found something.

The relatives are about to be informed by the Malaysian PM who will held a press conference afterwards.

I would think that they have enough evidence now, to know that the plane have crashed somewhere near the current search area in the souther Indian Ocean.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...s-live-updates

According to the Independet, the SAR units could be just few hours from finding the wreckage.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...a-9211655.html

*edit, a brief statement by Malaysian PM, said that they now know that the plane ended it's flight at the end of the
    southern corridor and that there is no hope of survivors. This is based on new satellite data calculations.

Najib said: “With deep sadness and regret, according to this new data, we must conclude flight MH370 ended in the Southern Indian Ocean."

UK experts told the Malaysia PM that satellite signals have shed more light on MH370 flight path.
    They concluded that MH370 flew along the southern corridor and that its last location was in the South Indian Ocean, Najib Razak said.
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...b04c696d948a3a

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...b06d6b8ecbf3e3

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...b06d6b8ecbf3e5

Full statement here: https://www.facebook.com/najibrazak/...?stream_ref=10
    Last edited by BleAivano; 24th March 2014 at 14:17.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    What with the increasing debris sightings this now looks like the likely outcome.

I can understand some families not wanting to believe it until physical evidence is found though.

Now let's hope they find the black boxes and then the investigation can begin...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "Malaysia Airlines deeply regrets that we have to assume beyond any reasonable doubt that MH370 has been lost and that none of those on board survived... we must now accept all evidence suggests the plane went down in the Southern Indian Ocean."
    The TEXT MESSAGE sent to the families of the people on board. I'm astounded... a text message to tell the families the news they were so desperately hoping they wouldn't hear is just inexcusable and unacceptable

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by minardi View Post
    The TEXT MESSAGE sent to the families of the people on board. I'm astounded... a text message to tell the families the news they were so desperately hoping they wouldn't hear is just inexcusable and unacceptable
    I am still waiting for one piece of material evidence. Then I can sign on. I would not even be comfortable with just plane parts. Give me a suitcase or a body
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    For me strangest thing is that no debris has been found. If they are so sure where abouts it crashed, how come not a piece has bee found? There are so many ships and aircraft around that soumethung ahould have been found IMHO

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD View Post
    For me strangest thing is that no debris has been found. If they are so sure where abouts it crashed, how come not a piece has bee found? There are so many ships and aircraft around that soumethung ahould have been found IMHO
    Not that strange Imo, it's is a large search area and possible debris would have sunk several weeks ago (a couple of days after the crash).
    Possible luggage and cushions could still be afloat but then it depends on winds, waves and ocean currents where
    they are now in the case that it would still be afloat.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano View Post
    Not that strange Imo, it's is a large search area and possible debris would have sunk several weeks ago (a couple of days after the crash).
    Possible luggage and cushions could still be afloat but then it depends on winds, waves and ocean currents where
    they are now in the case that it would still be afloat.
    I smell bullsh!t - but i will wait until they get done with the rest of the sub area. To sink that plane intact would have required a spot on landing in calm seas. The last time I checked foam insulation floats.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    I am not convinced it is in the sea .I will take some convincing that it has not landed somewhere ,and the passengers have been starved of oxygen to keep them quiet,and it's somewhere in the Taliban part of Pakistan .There has been NO oilslicks and not one scrap of flotsam .How could the pilots have dropped that plane onto the ocean floor with no debris ?

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    I am not convinced it is in the sea .I will take some convincing that it has not landed somewhere ,and the passengers have been starved of oxygen to keep them quiet,and it's somewhere in the Taliban part of Pakistan .There has been NO oilslicks and not one scrap of flotsam .How could the pilots have dropped that plane onto the ocean floor with no debris ?
    The question I have is: Why would the pilots have gone in that direction? If suicide or terrorism were the treason, why not just straight down or into some significant object? If something incapacitated the pilots, why the change/s of direction? Too many unanswered questions. Too much garbage fed to the media.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    It has not landed anywhere. A large plane like the Boeing 777 requires a long paved runway and I’m sure satellite images of potential landing spots have already been reviewed. A large plane like that is very difficult to conceal.

The plane crashed into the sea. It broke apart on impact with most of it, especially the heavy parts, sinking in pieces and scattering all over the sea floor.
    What little that hasn’t sunk has stayed afloat, again in pieces, and with wind and current scattered over thousands of square miles of ocean. In a few weeks time we’ll start to find bits and pieces (potentially even decomposed bodies, at least those that haven’t been devoured by sharks) washing upon shores all over the Indian Ocean.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti