Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: GT Class

Hybrid View

Liked 77 Times in 41 Posts
    Tuthill Porsche released a video of the Germany testing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etozNcW7obs

Rally fantastic! I like it that they publish updates and videos. And the car looks just great. Hopefully they find a few customers who buy one and race it on the WRC and ERC rallies.

2. Likes: A FONDO (20th August 2014),pantealex (19th August 2014),stefanvv (19th August 2014),vino_93 (20th August 2014)
    Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wildboar View Post

Rally fantastic! I like it that they publish updates and videos. And the car looks just great. Hopefully they find a few customers who buy one and race it on the WRC and ERC rallies.
    Very nice looking true racing car. 2wd hatchbacks must be replaced with this to make the sport more attractive.

4. Likes: AndyRAC (20th August 2014)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wildboar View Post

saw the car in harry flatters rally 2014 it looked really fast but it was lacking in the sound department...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/51932399@N07/14768184862/

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    As I don't know driving level of Tuthill, I will ask this way: Can we expect from him to be at least so fast as for example are Zeltner or Dobberkau? O

Liked 161 Times in 79 Posts
    No since Tuthill has no expierience from many rallys, limeted FIA tyres and a very small restrictor since 2 days taking him more then 100hp i guess. FIA cutted the cars eggs.

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CWJ View Post
    No since Tuthill has no expierience from many rallys, limeted FIA tyres and a very small restrictor since 2 days taking him more then 100hp i guess. FIA cutted the cars eggs.
    100 hp less?? normal street 997 GT3 3.8l engine has 435 hp, so that means he is driving cca.350 hp? He will be beaten by faster R2 drivers....FIA made a mess, again....

Liked 77 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CWJ;1009633a
    very small restrictor since 2 days taking him more then 100hp i guess. FIA cutted the cars eggs.
    Where is this information from? The car was prepared according to RGT regulations, I cannot imagine that they just overlooked something so massive and had to reduce 100hp in the last minute.

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Very interesting debate on this topic in the french wrc round thread. I paste Mireks view in here because it capture the essence very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Of course I know that. I like them because they are very spectacular for the people. In most of typical spectator places R5 cars are boring (Fiesta especially). GTs are loud with bad traction, people like that. Of course in high speed sections they are not so nice to watch like S2000 for example but that's life. Something is good somewhere, something else elsewhere. I always like the variety and I'm absolutely sure that even though GTs would be quite slow and dangerous for Czech roads everybody here would welcome them just like always when they came to Rally Lužické Hory (Lausitz Cup wih Germans). They never did any good result but they always entertained the crowd.

Besides that don't forget that the cars currently running in Alsace are restricted with less power than stock ones...
    The GT class is in its infantcy right now, and FIA is playing with restrictors and power to get it right. The 911 is like a dragster, compared to a WRCar, fast on straights and slow in the corners. Like a 2wd group B car was.
    If people like rally cars that are glued to the asfalt, you could watch track racing instead. Rally in my view is man controlling machines on the edge, and that the physical grip is loosing to power. It is entertainment, and the fans like that they need to be driven brutally, and not on railtracks.

A supercar in rallycross, is basically a WRCar with 600 hp, and needs to be driven on the edge, and often the pilots loose.

to get that back to Rally the key is with Michelin and how soft a tire is alowed to be. If they have to use hockey puck hardness, they would be entertaing for the customer (you and me)!

But as always the right balance is always hard to find straight away, so the testbed FIA is using the GT class as now, could be useful for other classes in Rally as well!

loved to see the 911, Nissan 350 and others they used in Belgium a few years back, sonce they had sound, slides and speed, and the drivers had to break before the bends, so safety was covered as well!

11. Likes: AndyRAC (5th October 2014)
    Liked 161 Times in 79 Posts
    The info is from a team in the same service area. The way to get the documents (cost 8000 euros) seems to be a mess. Nobody cares obviously about the RGT regulations 3.4kg per hp. No written answer, only verbal orders At least the first 997 is running with a FIA sticker, to get it competitive (alone in class) will be part of the future. Under this circumstances other 997 teams will not start their homologation work.

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CWJ View Post
    At least the first 997 is running with a FIA sticker, to get it competitive (alone in class) will be part of the future. Under this circumstances other 997 teams will not start their homologation work.
    What about the Porsche that ran in Finland? Wasn't that a 997?

14. Likes: pantealex (26th August 2014)